Earn up to $500 When You Open a New Checking Account with HSBC
Take advantage of three great bonus offers from HSBC for a limited time only!
Provide the banker with this unique referral code S014185122 when you open a new checking account over the phone (866-909-1271) or in a US HSBC Branch before December 31.
You cannot use this offer if you intend to open your account online.
- A new Premier Checking Account provides a $500 bonus and requires an ongoing minimum balance of $100,000.
- A new Advance Checking Account provides a $200 bonus and requires an ongoing minimum balance of $5,000 plus a recurring direct deposit or an ongoing minimum balance of $10,000.
- A new Choice Checking Account provides a $100 bonus and requires an ongoing minimum balance of $1,500 OR a recurring direct deposit.
- Account must be fully funded within 6 months of opening.
- Bonus will be paid approximately 8 weeks from the date your account is fully funded, assuming it continues to meet the minimum requirement for the type of account opened.
- Rules and Requirements:
- Offer valid through and including December 31, 2018.
- To qualify for an HSBC Premier relationship, you need to open an HSBC Premier checking account and maintain balances of $100,000 in combined U.S. Dollar personal deposit accounts and investment* balances. Business owners may use their qualifying HSBC U.S. Dollar commercial balances to qualify for a personal Premier relationship. A monthly maintenance fee of $50 will be incurred if minimum balance requirements are not maintained.
- To qualify for an HSBC Advance relationship, you need to open an HSBC Advance checking account and maintain combined balances in U.S. Dollar personal deposit accounts and investment* balances of at least $10,000 OR of at least $5,000 with a recurring direct deposit from a third party to an HSBC Advance checking account at least once per calendar month. Business owners may use their qualifying HSBC U.S. Dollar commercial balances to qualify for a personal HSBC Advance relationship. A monthly maintenance fee of $25 will be incurred if minimum balance or minimum balance with direct deposit requirement is not met.
- To qualify for an HSBC Choice Checking relationship, you need to open an HSBC Choice Checking account and maintain combined balances in U.S. Dollar personal deposit accounts and investment* balances of at least $1,500 OR maintain a recurring direct deposit from a third party to an HSBC Choice Checking account at least once per calendar month. A monthly maintenance fee of $15 will be incurred if minimum balance or recurring direct deposit requirement is not met.
- Investments and certain insurance products, including annuities, are offered by HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. (HSI), member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC. HSI is an affiliate of HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
- Estate accounts are ineligible to make referrals or be referred under this offer. HSBC Share The Experience Rules and Requirements: HSBC Personal Internet Banking is required to obtain the personalized referral code.
- The bonus deposit(s) to your qualifying HSBC Premier, HSBC Advance, or HSBC Choice Checking account will be reported on the applicable IRS form. You will be responsible for any tax resulting from the referral bonus. Please consult your tax advisor if you have questions about the tax treatment of the referral bonus.
- The new account must be fully funded within six months of account opening, see above for funding requirements.
- Account opening date is considered day one of the six month count.
- Accounts/Assets that are ineligible from funding requirements for this offer include: insurance products; fixed and variable annuities; 529 College Savings Plans; any retirement accounts including but not limited to IRAs, Keogh, Simple IRAs, and 401(k) Plans; UTMA and UGMA; commercial accounts; and revocable or irrevocable trust accounts.
- You will receive a $500 referral bonus to their new qualifying HSBC Premier checking account, a $250 referral bonus to their new qualifying HSBC Advance checking account, or a $100 referral bonus to their new qualifying HSBC Choice Checking account within 8 weeks from the date their new account is fully funded.
- The new qualifying account must be open without being changed to a product with lower balance requirements and in good standing at time of gift fulfillment.
- The qualifying new account must be opened only in a U.S. HSBC branch or over the phone.
- You may receive a referral bonus only once and can use only one referral code at the time of account opening.
- Referral bonus is limited to one per household.
- Any prior 2018 Share the Experience referral bonus amount is final.
- The Annual Percentage Yields (APYs) and balances which are accurate as of 11/13/2018 are: Premier checking 0.01% APY on balances of $5.00 or more and Advance checking 0.01% APY on balances of $5.00 or more but less than $1,000, 0.01% APY $1,000 or more but less than $3,000, 0.01% APY $3,000 or more but less than $10,000 and 0.01% APY $10,000 or more. APYs are variable and subject to change after opening.
- Charges and fees may reduce earnings.
- HSBC reserves the right to change or terminate this offer at its sole discretion.
- Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.